Sunday, February 24, 2013

Jonah's One

Where has this year gone??  Maybe the fact that I haven't slept much this past year or the fact that I had 3 kids under the age of 3, but time just keeps moving faster:(!!
One year ago today, I was scheduled for my induction...almost 41 weeks pregnant again, with no signs of labor!  We called the Hospital at 6:30am and they told us we had a room and could head on in!!  Yes!  Let's get this party started and meet this little one, I was beyond ready!!  As we were halfway to the hospital, they called and said 3 women just came in and took the rooms, WHAT!!  Seriously!!  I got put on the waiting list and was told they may not take me:(  Tears flowing down my face, because I was ready to be DONE!!  I have really easy pregnancies, very EASY compared to most women.  I have never been sick, never really get too uncomfortable, however with this sweet little one, I was exhausted to say the least!!  So we went to Becky's house refusing to go home and they said we could call them at 10 am to see if they had a room...no room at 10, no room at 12, finally at 1:30 they called and said come in!!  Luckily I had a Dr. who was willing to induce in the afternoon(I think because my last labor and delivery, with Lily,was so quick after being induced).  We got checked in, sent me to my room, broke my water at 2:30 and we walked and walked!!  Finally contractions started at about 4:30 or so!!  Once they start, it is smooth sailing for me...with no drugs, I can move around and gravity just takes toll!!  The contractions weren't very strong until about 6:30, then they were good ones, but lots of breaks in between them so I thought it would still be a while.  Once they got stronger, my nurse wouldn't let me leave the room because I go so quickly.  She decided to check me and it was go time!!  I started pushing and this baby wasn't coming!  I looked at Luke and said, "How BIG is this one, I don't think I can get it out!"  Anyway, about 10 minutes later, a beautiful baby boy entered this world!! Jonah Fredrick Miller 9lbs 9oz 22 in long!!  We can't imagine life without him!!  He is loud, silly, full of energy, so sweet, and fills our life with so much joy!!  It has been a crazy last year, but what a blessing of a year it has been!!  We praise the Lord for giving us this sweet baby boy to raise!!  Love you more than words can say, my sweet Jonah Fredrick!!

I am not only bad at posting pictures, I am horrible about uploading them...here are a very very very small selection of Jonah's 1st year!!  Can't wait to see what the Lord has in-store for you this next year!!
















1 comment: